Basic Monitoring is the first level of proactive maintenance services offered at InfinIT Technology Group. It puts the infrastructure in place for our technicians to monitor computers for problems, as well as remote repair tools to help us resolve any issues that arise quickly and with less inconvenience to our customers. Basic Monitoring Agreements do not include any pre-paid labor, but customers with a monitoring agreement get a discount on all labor charges (onsite, in-house, or remote).
Basic Monitoring Agreements include the following benefits:
- 24/7 Monitoring of Key System Components
- Managed Antivirus (Protects and reports suspicious activity directly to your Technical Team)
- Patch Management (Keeps Windows and other software up-to-date, and reports when updates fail)
- Vulnerability Scanning (Looks for known security threats and reports them to your Technical Team)
- Asset Tracking (Tracks hardware and software installed in the system)
- Remote Repair Tools (Facilitates faster response times to computer issues)
- Discounted Labor Rates (onsite, dropoff, and remote)
Since reliable for-fee antivirus can cost between $30-$60 per year, a Basic Monitoring Agreement will virtually pay for itself even if you never need to take advantage of the discounted labor rates.
One other advantage a Basic Monitoring Agreement offers is the ability for customers to pose questions about messages, pop-ups, or suspicious behavior on a computer to their Technical Team. With our monitoring tools, we can log in to quickly see what is causing our customers concern, and let them know whether or not a particular issue actually requires a repair.
Without a monitoring agreement, customers have to pay for a service call to have those error messages looked at. This sometimes results in customers paying for a service call when none was actually required; it also sometimes results in customers ignoring issues that should be addressed because they don't want to waste money on an issue that was not a serious one.
Residential and business technology needs and configurations are becoming more complex all the time. A Basic Monitoring Agreement allows our customers to take control of their networks, and turns their IT management from reactive (where we wait for a problem to occur and then try to find a way to fix it) to proactive (where our goal is to look for potential problems and address them before they cause serious issues.)
If you would like more information about our Monitoring Services, please call our office at 225-286-4108, or add your comments to this post.